Monday, March 9, 2009

I’ve Signed Up to Switch Off : Earth Hour 2009

Monday, March 9, 2009

So here it is, i officially got myself in the beat for this upcoming Earth Hour 2009.
I am so excited that a very good friend of mine is coming home from Australia this March 28th. I asked him to buy me an Earth Hour 2009 shirt from there. Hope he can look one for me. yippeee!

More than anything else, i am glad that this brilliant idea of switching off lights for an hour is paving way into the mainstream. I wonder how call centers can cope up if invited to join in.. hmmnn..i know for certain every minute counts gain or lost. Anyhow, there is something special that i look forward to this event. One thing, it sure does gives me a nostalgic pull into my high school days back at the science high..when our teachers would ask us to group up and prepare to battle in a debate over serious issues to include the existence of nuclear power plants in the Philippines and in the world.. and protection of the ozone layer was never left out at a time when 'global warming' was not yet seriously coined.

What's different from making a stand today is that we are a decade away from our mere debates.We have substantially neglected over time these concerns and i feel like this blast - an inconvenient truth penetrated the whole ecosystem and ruptured the balance that afforded us liberty from cancer and huge ecological imbalance.

One hour is a big commitment that i can give in the mid life that i continually live.
Join me and let us be aware of our earth's needs!

P.S.
How should i love thee, earth?

I will invite my students to bring in umbrellas too. - so that we can together open those as gesture of our commitment to preserve life on earth :)
Let me hear what u have in mind other than switching off.

ciao for now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment