Friday, October 26, 2012

Strawberry Mojito

Friday, October 26, 2012

Strawberry Mojito
Photo Credit: Gerry Asuncion

I want a sip :)
I have always been interested in cocktails. How to mix a glass of this is fascinating me so i thought of adding it to my pages. I will document every cocktail drink that interests me. I used to own a small book i bought at a BookSale store. It contains all cocktails recipes. I gave it away to Kylie thinking she needs it more than I do. Now that cocktails are in, i feel the need to read more about tasty ones. Hahaha.

What a delicious discovery. But i need to taste one yet. Hahahha. Drink up!

Ingredients:

  • 1.5 ounces of simple syrup
  • about 3 fresh strawberries
  • about 4-5 fresh spearmint sprigs (chopped if you prefer smaller mint pieces in your cocktail)
  • soda water
  • 1/2 lime
  • 2 ounces of light rum

Directions:

1. In a chilled glass (about 10-12 ounces), muddle the simple syrup, strawberries and mint leaves together with the back of a spoon or muddler. Crush the strawberries and mint leaves well.
2. Squeeze the juice from the lime into the glass, add the rum and stir well. Fill glass with ice and top off with soda water.
3. Garnish with mint sprigs or strawberry slices.

Simple Syrup Recipe

  • 2 c Water
  • 1 lb Sugar
  1. Combine water and sugar in a medium saucepan. Heat until sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool. After cool, store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Recipe Source: WhiteOnRiceCouple.com.


0 comments:

Post a Comment