Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Open Source Technologies Seminar At Jose Rizal Memorial State University - Siocon Campus

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Commemorating the 8th year foundation anniversary of the Computer Students' Society (CSS), Jose Rizal Memorial State University - Siocon Campus celebrated the occasion last January 16, 2013 at ABS Hotel Function Hall, Municipality of Siocon, Zamboanga del Norte.

It has been a pleasure meeting the faculty and staff of JRMSU-Siocon Campus. A more enjoyable experience as well for me to be able to share knowledge on Open Source Technologies tackling Creative Commons and capping the session with actual demos of open source software installations the entire afternoon.


It takes about six to seven hours by bus if you travel from Zamboanga City. A naughty thing I have to admit but honestly not intentional that I forgot to insert my shoes inside my backpack. In my hurry to take the bus at two in the morning, I did not notice I don't have it with me. I presented my demo wearing a fliptop instead and am sincerely apologetic to the entire crowd before I started my session. That was a first by the way :)


What's interesting aside from a very engaging audience is that the ABS Function Hall is part of the latest two hotels in the area - ABS Hotel and Atrium Hotel. I am glad to know of the latest hotel developments to attract tourists to the area as well. Incredibly crafted with wood interior design, it gives a homey feeling of interaction. The people are so accommodating, kind and friendly.

Mr. Cristian Vinn Partosa, current Program Coordinator and CS Adviser arranged for a courtesy call with the Campus Administrator Dr. Ideltruda D. Ybarsabal; that same morning about three hours after I arrived and checked in my backpack at the ABS Hotel. I would not be surprise how people take all means to get updated with the latest technologies. Surely, Dr. Ybarsabal has a lot to share as well on the current trends. Thank you for the warm welcome po, Doc!


Dr. Ideltruda D. Ybarsabal, the JRMSU-Siocon Campus Administrator, Mr. Cristian Vinn B. Partosa, CS Adviser, IT Faculty and Staff and the Computer Students' Society (CSS) Members are all present during the knowledge exchange. Noteworthy that the direction they are taking and the dynamism in the initiatives shown by the student leaders and energetic IT Advisers are steadfast commitment to bring indispensable ICT know-how.




Happy Anniversary! More power to the Computer Students' Society!



0 comments:

Post a Comment